June 10, 2006

451 Alfred

For any one out there who was a part of our School of Justice community in 2001-02 and spent time in 451 Alfred, the big house we rented for our girls, I just happened to go in there yesterday. One of the families I am working with just moved in. It has been re-done and very beautiful. I walked around this freshly painted, totally clean house with reno-d bathrooms. I kept thinking about the dirt that was in all the corners and disgusting bathroom on the main floor that we tried our best to clean. In the end we just tried to paint over all the dirt, as if that would help. I think they tore out the old bathroom and the kitchen cupboards and put new ones in.

I also thought about a crazy cat and a group of people who pushed through many differences and became the greatest of friends.

I went into the basement into that prayer room we had. It is still green. It still has grafitti about Jesus on the walls.

Good memories. Are any of you reading this? I might have to email you and tell you too!

8 Comments:

At 5:11 a.m., June 10, 2006, Blogger Cheryl said...

that house was renovated almost right after we moved out of it. I always wanted to go see how it turned out. Maybe you can arrange a peek session for me when I get back?

 
At 11:33 a.m., June 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's Awesome!!!
The Basement has kept us intact.
Tres Bien!!!!

 
At 4:35 p.m., June 10, 2006, Blogger Teegan said...

Was there something wrong with the house when we lived there?!? Ha.
Though it was only a short time for me, I actually loved that house... once we got glass in the kitchen window, cleared the animal pelts out of the backyard and got a furnace that actually worked. Did the upstairs bathroom ever stop leaking into the downstairs livingroom?
Anyhow, it was the people that made the 451 experience beautiful.

 
At 10:02 p.m., June 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actaully drove by last time I was in town and sat outside for a moment and remebered all the laughter and yelling that abounded within those walls. I have never regretted a moment, as broken and messed up as we all were I dearly love those memories and all of you. Forever Friend- Andrea

 
At 10:05 p.m., June 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS. I just graduated Nursing and as a gift a friend of mine rembered me telling her about the Tales of the Kingdom series years ago and surpirsed me with the complete series, hard cover with pictures. I have been enjoying a chapter or two before bed but I can't read them without hearing Andy accents on all the voices...lol

 
At 12:35 p.m., June 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...i reasd your blog and cry..
at work
opps..hope know one sees me.

you are my hero.

 
At 2:09 p.m., June 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats really warming to hear about (Vin here) I had some of the most memorable times of worship in my life in that prayer room! And your right, that cat was crazy, lol...

 
At 9:05 p.m., December 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should talk to Zac sometime and invite myself over. I'd love to see that place again.
I miss Uksi. I hope she's enjoying the farm cat life

 

Post a Comment

<< Home