June 08, 2006

everyone always wants to know...

... so how's the culture shock?

I don't know if we've had a real experience of any sort of shock really. The kids adapted so fast, it was definately Andy and I who had more adjustments to make but I don't really think we were shocked by the culture so much. Sometimes we feel slightly disgusted by the general culture (the wealth, the things we make a big deal about here, the news, the over consumption). I think the biggest adjustment is the process of change, redefining ourselves, figuring out how to proceed?

I generally like change, the advent of newness. Maybe that's why this change is different, because we get to be so intentional about finding the new and wondering what we should keep in our lives about the old and what to dream into unchartered life choices.

4 Comments:

At 10:52 a.m., June 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhh....spoken like a true seeker on the journey we call life....lovely to hear your inner ramblings...thanks for sharing

 
At 12:45 p.m., June 09, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Controlling our change, deciding who we want to be. I have been struck recently at how unable I am to change who I am, much less know who I should change into! At the end of the day it seems that Jesus gives identity and I take it in small bites. Who is this God who comes *to* us?

 
At 10:58 p.m., June 09, 2006, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

All I can say is that I'm so glad you guys are back! But considering I can see you from my living room window, why don't I see you more often? ;)

 
At 1:40 a.m., June 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Anessa, I like to hear your journey searches too!

And Cam, yeah, who am I again? That's what I felt like today. Where are my values, how do I want to live? How the heck do even make a decision? Or when am I making decisions that do or don't agree with. It is sometimes hard?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home