June 01, 2006

RE-defining

I have to redefine my blog writing. Look for the stories in life in the peg. (I love calling Winnipeg "the peg"). Andy's mom said she was feeling loss from not living vicariously through our blog. Hmmm, I will have to dig a little for the exotic parts of my day and put them up on the screen. Like today for example, I was at the office reading a book about charting in medical records. "The pt ambulates 10 feet without discomfort." Never chart the word "mistakenly" so if you accidently give a person more drugs than you should have, just chart what you did. HmM which does bring me to an interesting line of thinking this year... what about making mistakes? How are we supposed to live with ourselves when we make mistakes, either in our work (clinically speaking) or saying something inappropriate or mean or untrue. Or what about lying, when either you did lie on purpose or because your so used to stretching stories.

Mistakes are a common occurence for me. It is hard to deal with. It is more than just the "grace of God" it is facing up to my mistakes, owning my mistakes, and asking for forgiveness or doing what I can to correct them. And then figuring out how to keep on living with a sense of possibility and hope for a new day and a renewed self and restored relationships and healthy people. Trust is not easily earned if mistakes have been intentional or at least not unintentional. (there is an in between there). So I have to learn from my mistakes, feeling a little ashamed , ask for forgiveness, and try to change the systems or the thought patterns. Re_define how I am or how I do things, or how I respond. Re define the blog. Re define my life right now. Re define myself when I make mistakes.

I don't think I have screwed up really bad in the last day or so but I am sure I will again. It will at least renew my acknowledgement that I need Jesus. So we'll see where this blog goes.

2 Comments:

At 1:21 a.m., June 05, 2006, Blogger Mercy said...

yeah, making mistakes.

i can think of a few wrongs that i would like to address in reality (not just in my head) - but are so easy just to slip by and let go.
maybe that person never did take offense ...
i might need to do a bit more confessing. - something that is good as you said on sunday, but isn't what we're all jumping to do often.

 
At 10:30 p.m., June 08, 2006, Blogger Sonya said...

I'm with you on the making mistakes. I need to learn how to face the pain of them (and the person I've affected), learn from them, and move on without glossing over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home